Designed exclusively to address the insurance needs of Sri Lanka’s tea sector, this policy covers tea plantations, factories and their storage along with risk factors affecting their machinery, buildings, stocks and work in progress. The policy is segregated into 2 sections, giving policyholder the option of customizing the policy as per requirement.
Section A: Covers fire and a range of allied perils including fire & lighting, malicious damage, explosion, cyclone, storm, tempest, flood, earthquake, natural disaster, burglary, strike riot & civil commotion cover and terrorism cover.
Section B: Optional covers offered at additional premium.
- Fidelity guaranty cover
- Personal accident cover for employees
- Workmen’s Compensation cover
- Increase in cost of work due to interruption caused by fire & allied perils
- Machinery breakdown cover for factory machinery
- Money insurance (cash in transit, safe and drawers)
- Goods in transit cover for transportation of tea stock
- Plate glass cover
- Sign-board cover
- Electronic equipment cover
- Money insurance
- Damages to motors
The following covers are offered free of charge:
- Personal accident cover for policyholder or nominee
- Legal liability cover
- Removal of Debris
- Surveyors / consultants fee
- Policyholder should have an insurable interest on the asset
- Policyholder should be eligible to sign an insurance agreement as per the legislation framework of Sri Lanka
- Insuring property / assets should be within the geographical limits of Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka Insurance is the pioneer insurance company in the island with a history spanning over 60 years. Being backed by the state has added to its strength and credibility while it has the most experienced technical knowledge base. Its Life Fund in excess of LKR 156.7 billion and asset base of over LKR 274 billion are unmatched in the industry.