Trade Insurance policy is ideal for shopkeepers and storeowners of retail or wholesale businesses. The trade insurance cover is segregated into 2 sections, giving the policyholder choice of customizing the policy as per requirement.
Section A: Covers fire and a range of allied perils including fire & lightning, malicious damage, explosion, cyclone, storm, tempest, flood, earthquake, natural disaster and burglary.
Section B: Optional covers offered at additional premium.
- Money insurance (cash in transit, safe and drawers)
- Goods in transit cover
- Accidental breakage of glass
- Signboard cover
- Electronic Equipment cover
- Funeral expense cover
- Fidelity Guarantee cover
- Deterioration of food
- Damage to deeds
The following covers are offered for no extra cost:
- Personal accident cover for policyholder or nominee
- Legal liability cover
- Removal of Debris
- Surveyors / consultants fee
- Damages to service lines
- Replacement of lock cover
- Free Workmen’s’ Compensation Insurance Cover for 5 workmen
- Policyholder should have an insurable interest on the asset
- Policyholder should be eligible to sign an insurance agreement as per the legislation framework of Sri Lanka
- Insuring property / assets should be within the geographical limits of Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka Insurance is the pioneer insurance company in the island with a history spanning over 60 years. Being backed by the state has added to its strength and credibility while it has the most experienced technical knowledge base. Its Life Fund in excess of LKR 156.7 billion and asset base of over LKR 274 billion are unmatched in the industry.