Our basic Fire Insurance policy insures your house, either completed, dwelling, or under construction against a number of fire or fire related perils. This enables homeowners to curtail financial losses due to accidental fires or related perils to your home, and ensures the restoration or reconstruction of the home can be carried out immediately.
Terms & Conditions:
- The building should be used exclusively as a private dwelling / home and not for other purposes or domestic industries
- The premises should be in a good state of repair (If completed and dwelling)
- The structure should be constructed with recognized standard construction
The Fire Insurance Policy covers the following fire and related perils:
- Fire and lightning
- Riots and strikes
- Malicious damage
- Cyclone/Storm/Tempest and Flood
- Natural disasters
- Electrical extra
- Aircraft damage
- Bursting and overflowing of water tanks
- Convenient claim settlement process guaranteed.
- Policyholder should have an insurable interest on the asset
- Policyholder should be eligible to sign an insurance agreement as per the legislation framework of Sri Lanka
- Insuring property / assets should be within the geographical limits of Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka Insurance is the pioneer insurance company in the island with a history spanning 57 years. Being backed by the state has added to its strength and credibility while it has the most experienced technical knowledge base. Its Life Fund in excess of LKR 116 billion and asset base of over LKR 211 billion are unmatched in the industry.